18 April 2008

Name my art Friday: Untitled No. 17

copyright elisa ann lindstrom

Untitled no. 17
is now:
Under A Western Sky

Titled by: C. Nichols
copyright elisa ann lindstrom
size of canvas: 24" x 30" (61 x 76.2 cm)
depth of canvas: 7/8" (less than 2.5 cm)
medium used: mixed media
(acrylic paint, matte medium, conte crayon, soft pastels, & gouache)
This piece was inspired by pictures from a trip to California last year.  The photos I took are from the area near Turlock.  I love how there are acres and acres of crops and in the background, you can see mountains.  I couldn’t help but notice how there were telephone poles everywhere.

I like to find the beauty in nature and share it with you for your home. My artwork has been created as a reminder for us all to take a moment to relax, breathe, look around and enjoy the beauty of the world around us.

To find out more about "Name my art Friday" see sidebar to the right

If you would like to purchase this piece, you can find it in my Etsy shop here.

3 comments:

  1. "Under a Western Sky" -- is my idea for a title. It just has that old west feeling to me... the endless blue sky and mountains in a dry landscape. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking something like "Connected"--the three layers of the painting (sky, mountains, earth) are all touching, and the phone lines connect us to each other.

    It's a beautiful painting...I knew it was California right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very difficult as I really like both ideas. I like the double meaning in “Connected”. However, when I really look at the painting, “Under a Western Sky” fits the best.

    Thank you both for your suggestions and your compliments!

    Cathy- can you email me with your contact info so I can send you a note card?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.