16 March 2010

From the artists studio...


Under A Western Sky
titled by: Cathy Nichols
copyright 2008 elisa ann lindstrom

I put this painting up in my living room for a while and seeing it every day made me want to make a change to it. I felt like the foreground needed more depth. So last week I took it down and I've been working on it in the studio. This was the first landscape of this series that I created so I'm not surprised or upset that I want to do a little change to it.
I'm not sure if this is normal - to re-work a painting after it has been shown in a festival and such. I'm hoping it is since I'm almost done with the foreground and it's looking a lot better. In a couple of weeks I'm going to take this landscape (which should be finished) along with a few others and some drawings to a professional photographer to get digital pics done of them. I like going to him because he gets the lighting and such just right. When I get the pictures back, I'll post the newer version of this painting and you can see and comment/critique the piece if you'd like.

1 comment:

I love hearing from readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.