15 April 2011

A peek inside the studio - working on a new landscape

The newest landscape in my studio is 24"x36" which is the longest landscape I've painted so far. I've always envisioned my landscapes on larger canvases. When it was time to buy a new canvas, a friend suggested I try it out. (Thanks Courtney, I love it) Here are some of the first images of the work in progress:

1st step was sketching out the image with a charcoal pencil
A light layer of blue for the sky to start the color...
Color is then added to the rest of the landscape
(detail of the landscape)
 More images to come next week... stay tuned.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Cool. Looking forward to the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear ee_art, you're so organised step by step and the resulting work is pure beuty.. A landscaper at her best! You should try giant canvases as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really love seeing it all come together! Thanks for letting us in on the process:). And I actually really love the unfinished, surrealistic quality. Maybe a series of deconstructed, dreamy landscapes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking beautiful, Elisa! Your landscapes are so distinctive and beautiful.

    I have been away from the blog for a while, there's so much good stuff to see here!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to working on this one and I'm excited to see how it turns out as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.