03 May 2011

inspiration from Max Beckmann

Max Beckmann, German, Moon Landscape 1925
This weeks inspiration comes from Max Beckmann, an artist I had hardly heard about until one of my drawing teachers suggested I look him up.  I was so glad I did! He has strong, bold lines that I just love.  There is no timid anything in his work.  I have had the chance to see some of his figurative pieces but when I was looking him up today (yes, I googled him) - I found this beautiful landscape. Again, very strong and sure lines. Overall, it's a heavy piece but there is a light feeling to the river and moon that help balance it all out.  What do you think?

If you would like to see more of his work: http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/beckmann_max.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.