01 April 2013

How to clean your Sketch on Canvas

Let's face it: dust happens. When it comes to cleaning your Sketch on Canvas, it can be tricky.  My recommendation for a safe and easy way to keep it clean is to use a can of air duster*. 




Shake the can up and spray some air away from the art work first to ensure that everything is working well and only air is coming from the can (no additional dust etc.). Keep the can a couple of inches from the artwork and spray off the dust. Yes, I'm serious, it's that easy. Do not use soap and water or a dust cloth on a Sketch on Canvas because those can ruin the drawing and color. 





If the can of compressed air doesn't work and the piece is dirtier than just dust, contact me and I'll be happy to clean it for you.


*Please note this is only my recommendation for how to clean one of my Sketches on Canvas. If you have another piece of artwork, the instructions for cleaning may be different. I do not recommend you trying this process with other pieces of art without first consulting the original artist or a professional art cleaner/restorer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.