11 June 2011

In the studio... newest painting

If you've read my blog recently, you'll know that I'm in the midst of launching a new line of work on my Etsy shop.  If you missed that post, you can read it here. When I want to take a break from that series, I work on my newest landscape. This piece was inspired by a trip out to Montauck, Long Island from way back when we were living near New York City. Here are some pictures of the progress:
The first sketch on canvas. As you can see, I'm working out some kinks in how the hill is drawn.

The first layers of color

A detail of the lighthouse

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to see your process, Elisa. The lighthouse from Montauck looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.