21 June 2011

Introducing: Sketches on Canvas

Introducing: Sketches on Canvas
Purple Flowers III

A brand new series of art.  Each sketch is made with charcoal, matte medium, gesso and no more than three colors.  They are created on gallery wrapped canvas, which is 1 ½” deep and the sides are left white to enhance the raw, unfinished feel to the piece.
Hoboken I

I wanted to start this series after I noticed how much I love the first layers of my landscapes when everything is still very simple and fresh.  I have decided to make each sketch to be either a study for a possible landscape or an image inspired by a Wordless Wednesday* blog post. 
In Snow

Sketches on Canvas can be found at www.elisaann.etsy.com starting today.
Parsley

*Wordless Wednesday is a collaboration of multiple blogs that share images on Wednesdays. For more information (and to see some of the pictures) you can visit: http://www.wordlesswednesday.com/newhome/

Happy 1st day of summer!

3 comments:

  1. How completely lovely. I love the spareness, the simplicity and the whimsy of these. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, especially the purple flowers!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.